Remember those Creative (or Kreativ) Blog Awards that were circulating a couple of years ago? They’re B A C K !
With all the fabulous blogs out there, it was a nice feather in my Cowgirl Hat to be mentioned for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Artist & Art Licensing Coach – the fabulous Tara Reed.
Tara was nominated by Debra Cortese, a wonderful artist known for her customized nature themes and Cortese Nature’s Energy Bags. Cortese’s blog – like Tara’s – is artist friendly … fun, inspiring, and addictive.
Just as Tara Reed did in her March 15th post on the Kreativ Blogger Award – I’ll preface my nominations with Debra Cortese’s summary of the award …
I’ve become a bit of an information addict, I couldn’t do this without a little background research. I quickly found reference to the original ‘Kreativ Blogger’ post and requirements for nominated Kreativ Bloggers. I believe they have been edited and abbreviated over time and cyberspace.
Kreativ Blogger originated in May 2008 in a post by Huldas Verden as noted by Clay Garden author in this April 2009 post: “Finally I found that it was started in Norway by a blogger named Huldas Verden.”
When the Clay Garden post was written in April 2009, the author’s Google search came up with 712 entries for Kreativ Blogger. When I searched today, Feb 28, 2010 for ‘Kreative Blogger’ awards, Google comes up with 23,200,000 entries! Hence, the power of blogging!
Here are the requirements that I found, and am passing on to 7 fellow Kreativ Bloggers (names and links to blogs at the end of this post):
The Kreativ Blogger award comes with the following requirements:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Seven Things About Me You May Find Interesting:
1. I am a combination of my southern North Carolina roots (and accent) and Wyoming Cowgirl. I love watermelon, fried apple pies, old quilts, and the smell of dried rose petals. I also love grilled filet mignon prepared as if it was ‘still mooing,’ old western towns and history, and the smell of sagebrush on an autumn day.
2. I am a romantic when it comes to Cowboys. No matter how many times people point out to me that not all Cowboys live by the ‘Code of the West’ – I stubbornly insist that the ones who do make up for the ones who don’t. My perfect Cowboys? Robert Duvall as Gus in Lonesome Dove … and Sam Elliott – as Sam Elliott.
3. I have a secret longing to one day live in New Mexico. Santa Fe and Taos are the most artfully inspiring places with the most interesting cultures.The adobe homes – the blending of religious, iconic symbols with everyday life – the laid back, easy way of living. I understand Georgia O’Keefe’s fascination with the light in that part of the country … it brings out the sun in your soul.
4. I was a high school teacher for seven years. Drama & English. Teaching was such an amazing experience – and I was good at it. Really good. I remember each and every student – where they sat, what they wrote, and how theatre gave them confidence, poise, and an enthusiasm for life. A former student once told me, “You know … we all hated to admit it … but we LIKED your English class!”
5. I feel lucky to have grown up in the 50′s & 60′s – and to have been a part of a huge and loving family. Life was different back then – it was so cool to be a kid. I walked to school every day … a total of eight miles. Oh, the things I imagined on those walks! How lucky am I?
6. I have never been afraid to try anything. I figure, jump in with both feet and paddle like a wild woman. If I should flounder, there’s always another passion to follow. So far in my life I have been: a cocktail waitress. summer resort entertainer. bluegrass singer. teacher. actress and director. volunteer for radio for the blind. voice-over announcer for ESPN. wedding director. arts council director. full time mom. and ARTIST. What’s next? Bring it on!
7. I am an incredibly proud Mom. To see my son (once so lost and challenged with learning disabilities – now so bright, responsible, mature, and happy) succeed in life is my greatest joy. Rock on, Whit!
Here Are My Kreativ Blogger Nominees …
Thanks, Tara, for nominating me!
And you folks whom I just nominated – You are masters of creative blogs! Now, it’s your turn to Pay It Forward.